Makes: 2 cups
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30mins
- 1 tbsp goat’s butter or vegetable oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 6 large carrots roughly chopped
- 1 medium beetroot roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
In a saucepan melt the butter and sauté the onions, garlic and carrots for about 15 minutes. Add in the beetroots and the water and bring to boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes till all vegetables are softened. Blend till smooth.
- If you have a stored portion of my nightshade-free tomato sauce, this BBQ Paste will only take 3 mins to complete… simply mix in 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp white vinegar into around 1 cup of the nightshade-free tomato sauce and viola’.. your nightshade-free BBQ Paste is complete!