Want a different type of healthy snack for your mid-morning? I like trying different versions of snack bars; be it oat bars, protein bars and nut bars. Today I baked some fig bars and they are so delicious and guilt free that you’d simply want to continue eating them. They do require some time to prepare, but if you prepare a whole tray of them it will be totally worth it.
Portion: 18 bars
Preparation Time: 40 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
For the Crust
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 cups ground flaxseed
4 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup applesauce unsweetened
For the Filling
600g dried figs
juice of 2 medium lemons
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 180 Degrees Celsius
- In a food processor blend the figs, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon until you obtain a smooth thick mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the crust until evenly mixed without any lumps.. the mixture should be slightly sticky.
- Press half of this mixture at the bottom of a parchment lined baking pan
- Spread the fig mixture on top of the pressed crust mix
- Cover with the remaining Crust Mix
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let cook and cut in rectangles or squares and store in fridge when completely cooled.